Thursday, January 26, 2012
Friday, January 13, 2012
Wednesday, January 04, 2012
The Mershon Center is starting off the new year with a two high-level visitors from Egypt who will be giving us the inside scoop on the Arab Spring revolution during a two-part event on Monday, January 9. See the announcement below:
Please register now for a two-part symposium on "Egypt and the Arab Spring Revolution" to take place on Monday, January 9, 2012. First, Gouda Abdel-Khalek, Egyptian minister of supply and domestic trade and professor of economics at Cairo University, will speak at noon about "The Political Economy of Egypt and the Arab Spring: International Support Packages" at the Mershon Center for International Security Studies, 1501 Neil Ave. To register, contact email@example.com. Then, Karima Korayem,professor of economics at Al-Azhar University, will speak at 5 p.m. about "The Challenges of the Arab Spring Revolution in Egypt" at the Barrister Club, 25 W. 11th Ave., with discussion by Gouda Abdel-Khalek and Hassan Aly, professor of economics at Ohio State. Register at http://karimakorayem.eventbrite.com.
Tuesday, January 03, 2012
CY 37 is a forum for the exchange of interdisciplinary and internationally diverse scholarship relating to communication in its many forms. Specifically, we are seeking state-of-the-discipline literature reviews, meta-analyses, and essays that advance knowledge and understanding of communication systems, processes, and impacts. Submitted manuscripts should provide a rigorous assessment of the status, critical issues and needed directions of a theory or body of research; offer new communication theory or additional insights into communication systems, processes, policies and impacts; and/or expand the boundaries of the discipline. In all cases, submissions should be comprehensive and thoughtful in their synthesis and analysis, and situate a body of scholarship within a larger intellectual context. For CY 37, the editorial board also welcomes commentary and essays that advance knowledge and understanding of communication research methodologies and applications.
- Submit manuscripts electronically via a Word attachment to Elisia L. Cohen, Editor, at CommYear@uky.edu
- Submissions for CY 37 will be considered from October 15, 2011 through February 15, 2012
- Use APA style, 6th edition
- Include a cover letter indicating how the manuscript addresses the CY 37 call for papers
- Prepare manuscripts for blind review, removing all identifiers
- Include a title page as a separate document that includes contact information for all authors
- Following Communication Yearbook's tradition of considering lengthier manuscripts, initial manuscript submissions may range from 6,500 to 13,000 words (including tables, endnotes, references).
- Incomplete submissions not adhering to journal guidelines will be returned to authors for revision.
- For more information about CY 37 or this call for submissions, please contact Dr. Cohen at firstname.lastname@example.org.